Thursday, 21 June 2012

Real Techniques Core Collection Review!

Hi Everyone!
This is a review on my Real Techniques Core Collection which I got recently after hearing amazing things about the buffing brush in the kit. I have wanted to get this collection for so long but have always been put off by the £21.99 price tag. However I finally gave in and am hear to report back to you on what I think. 
First the packaging of the products is great. The brushes come in this 'Panoramic' brush holder which is perfect for traveling - it also has another 2 elasticated holders on the other side for extra brushes.
In the set you get a buffing brush, contour brush, pointed foundation brush and a detailer brush, so you are pretty much covered for most bases.

 First I will talk about my favourite brush out of the set - The Buffing brush.
On the Real Techniques website, it describes this brush as:
 "Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation"
I however love using this brush for my liquid foundation as it blends it so well in a matter of seconds. The bristles are incredibly soft and do not shed. Also the brush is not that dense so blends the foundation flawlessly. It is a perfect size for your face too, so you are able to get along your nose and along the cheek bones easily. I like to pump out my foundation and dot it over my face, then using the brush, stipple it over my face and the blend it in. Personally I prefer the stippling/buffing method for my foundation because it looks more natural and is easier to blend in.

Next brush is the Contour brush which I also love too. Compared to the buffing brush, the contour brush is much smaller and slightly tapered at the tip. The Real Techniques website describes this brush as: 
"delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish"
I love using this to apply my Mac Extra Dimension highlighter (Click HERE to see a review on the highlighter) along my cheekbones as it is the perfect size. This brush is also very soft and does not shed. I expect it would be good for contouring you face with bronzer, however due to being pale I tend to steer clear of bronzer.


 Next is the Pointed Foundation brush. The Real Techniques website describes it as:
 "Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage"
As I prefer using a stippling or buffing brush for applying liquid foundation, I haven't actually used this brush yet. However, first impressions are that the bristles aren't as soft as the previous brushes, so a bit disappointing. Also the brush head is actually surprisingly small so would take quite a while to blend in foundation. However, if you like using a traditional foundation brush to blend in your foundation you may like this as although it is small, it does mean you can get into those 'hard to reach' areas, especially as it's pointed.



 Lastly, it is the Detailer brush. The Real Techniques website describes this brush as:
"Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition"
I think this would be a great brush when applying lipstick and you want to get it prefect. I also think you could use it if you want to conceal small imperfections like moles or small spots etc, or even if you want to fill in your eyebrows. Either way, I think this is an excellent brush for doing anything really precisely. The bristles are soft yet stiff which I think is really good, especially for its job, and like all the others, it doesn't shed.

So they are my thoughts on the Real Techniques Core Collection. I purchased mine from Boots for £21.99 which I know seems a lot from some brushes, but honestly they are worth every penny!

If you have any questions please leave them in the comment box below, and don't forget to follow, thank you x
Claire x

No comments:

Post a Comment