Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Revlon Lip Butter '045 Cotton Candy' Review!

Hi Everyone!
Hope you are well. Today I am going to do a review on my Revlon Lip Butter in 045 Cotton Candy which I purchased from Boots a couple of months ago for £7.99

I have quite mixed views on this product; sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.
But I am going to tell you what I like about the product and what I don't!

What I like about it:
First of all I have to say that I do like the packaging, the metal tube which is covered with a plastic top that represents what colour it is (I find this really handy as you can easily see what colour it is just from the outside). I have the colour 'Cotton Candy' which is a medium blue pink with slight gold shimmers in it. It is a really pretty colour which I do like, however I was after a more wearable colour for school, like a natural pink, but I just couldn't find one that I thought would be suitable so I settled with this (please leave in the comments below a Revlon Lip Butter colour which is a more nude/pink).
The swatch on the left shows a light swipe of the lip balm, the picture on the right shows a much heavier swatch. 
As you can see the lip balm has a nice sheen to it and is pigmented, which I like as many lip balms aren't pigmented at all which is a real shame. 
My lips are very pigmented naturally which I find really annoying as a lot of the time, lip balm and lip gloss colours just don't show on my lips. However, this lip balm does show which I really like. My skin tone is NC15 in Mac and I think 'Cotton Candy' complements my skin quite well. I also think it would look great on darker skin tones too.
The Revlon website says:
"Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated"
The lip balm definitely makes your lips feel hydrated, soft and smooth which I love. I also love the fact the actual lip balm feels so smooth on the lips and is not that sticky!

What I DON'T like about it:
There was so much hype about the Revlon Lip Butters that I was so excited when I first bought mine. When I went into Boots though, I couldn't really find a colour I was looking for, which was quite annoying. I think I was torn between 'Cotton Candy' or 'Strawberry  Shortcake'. 
After using it for a few weeks, I noticed that I didn't have much of the product left, and I hadn't even used it every day. I think that £7.99 is a lot considering how much you get, where as my Mac Tinted Lip Conditioner was £11 and has lasted me for almost 2 years, and I use that everyday for school! 
Furthermore, the lip balm doesn't stay on the lips that long. I have to re-apply it quite often, which is another reason why you use it up quite quickly.
Lastly, one day I went to put it on, and the lip balm had broke!!!!! It hadn't even been left in the heat, for some reason it had broke off at the base and I had to re-position it back on and put it in the fridge to re-set! I was not impressed at all!
As you can see from the picture, at the base of the product you can see the crack where it snapped off.

Overall I was disappointed with the product, especially after hearing such amazing things about it - it really didn't live up to what I was expecting unfortunately.
I'm not sure if I would re-purchase this product again, I think it is over priced for what it is. Having said that, I would be interested in trying out a couple more colours to give it a second chance.

Please let me know what you think of the Revlon Lip Butters, and let me know what colour you have!
Thank you for reading and if you want, follow me!
Love Claire xx


No comments:

Post a Comment