Friday, 18 January 2013

Max Factor Face Finity Foundation!

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all well today! After battling with an exam and the snow today, I am happy to be able to sit down and finally do review on the Max Factor Face Finity foundation.

This a relatively new foundation but I got mine November/December time of last year (I bought it for £11.99 however there is a current offer in Boots where it is £8.99!)
 I have worn it a lot since then and am really pleased to tell you that I LOVE it!
This foundation claims to be a '3 in 1', so act like a primer,concealer and foundation. I personally still wear primer around my nose with this because otherwise I find on my skin it can go weird around the pores which isn't very attractive. I have also used it as a concealer as well for under the eye and I think it works really well, however on a daily basis I like to stick with my Bobbi Brown corrector and Collection Lasting Perfection concealer combo.

The foundation claims to have a matte finish with a full coverage. It also claims the foundation has micro-correctors which 'defend against external influencers like sweat and sebum, correcting and maintaining the look over time whilst preventing shine'.
This photo was taken about 8 hours after I applied the foundation for school, and as you can see it has stayed reasonably put. I did though set it with powder and apply concealer under my eyes, and blush. 

I do get oily around the t-zone and so after a full day out or at school I find with most foundations my t-zone to be pretty oily. However, because this foundation does offer a matte finish, I find my skin does not get oily at all. 
It is definitely a medium-full coverage foundation which may not be for everyone. However, because I suffer from bad breakouts around my t-zone, it works very well for me. 
Although this foundation is full coverage, it is still really lightweight. I find it smoothes out my skin but doesn't feel like I have caked my face with make up. 
The colour I have is 'Light Ivory 40', which is the lightest shade, but luckily I find it to be quite a good match (for reference I am NC15 in Mac and B10 in the YSl Touche Eclat foundation ).

The downside though I would say is that you have to work quickly being a matte finish. The product sets really fast and so when you apply the foundation (I like using the Real Techniques Buffing or Stippling brush) it tends to stick to the area you have applied it to and not really blend out. But what I do is apply the majority around the t-zone area, and then whatever is left work into the rest of my face. 

Overall I do really recommend this foundation for people who have normal - oily skin types and want a good coverage foundation. It does have SPF 20 but I still find it looks good in photos.

Let me know what you think of this foundation if you have tried it too!

I hope this review was helpful, and thank you for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment