Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara!

Hello everyone,
Hope you're all well!
If you saw my post of the June issue of Ella magazine, you will have seen in the issue came a free mini sized Benefit They're Real mascara. 
I had seen so much hype on this mascara and so was very excited to try it out, especially as I had always been put off by the full sized £19.50 price tag.
The wand itself is plastic and has short bristles with an almost 'spiky' end which is really handy for getting to your bottom lashes and outer corner lashes. The colour is a very pigmented black but doesn't look too harsh against my fair skin.

Benefit make a number of claims about this mascara. They say:
94% saw dramatic length & volume
90% saw base-to-tip curl
94% saw visible lift
100% saw long-wearing results

After using this mascara for about a week, I am very happy to say I agree with all of their claims.
I find that the mascara gives amazing volume and length at the same time, whilst also giving a slight curl and lift like Benefit claim. I also find the mascara to be very long lasting, maybe even too long lasting because I do find it extremely hard to get off at night. It even takes my trusty Bioderma several swipes before most of it is off. 
I can also find the mascara can make my lashes look a bit spidery if I am not careful, so it does take a while to get used to applying it. 

Overall though I am very pleased with the results. It takes such little effort with this mascara to create amazing volume and length, which is what I love in a mascara. Aside from the difficulty to get off and now and then spidery effect it can give your lashes, I still love this mascara.
At £19.50 I am not sure I will re-purchase it straight away, but I will definitely bare it in mind as it is one of the best mascaras I have used.

Have you tried the Benefit They're Real mascara?
If so please leave a comment down below telling my what you thought of it!

I really hope you enjoyed today's post and found it helpful. Please leave a comment down below as I love hearing what you guys think!
Thank you for reading,

15 comments:

  1. I love this mascara, definitely one of my all time favorites, it works wonders!

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo you used to demonstrate the mascara!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mascara! I have repurchased it a few times now. I'm so glad you like it too!

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh I really need to try this. it has so many good reviews. great post xo
    http://blossomeclectic.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend it :) I love it xx

      Delete
  5. Acabo de conocer tu blog! Tiene mucho estilo y personalidad.
    TE SIGO!! Y me encantaría que me siguieses tu también a mi.
    Besoooos :D

    http://enjoythelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great product...not available in India sadly.. :/

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know....:)
    Neha
    http://letstalkabouteverything1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame :/ and just followed your blog, it is really cool :) xx

      Delete
  7. I really need to try this out..
    Great Review.
    http://stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot recommend it enough, I love it :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  8. There is a huge difference between with and without mascara. It really gives volume and lenght !

    ReplyDelete