Saturday, 13 July 2013

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation in 'Porcelain'

Hello everyone,
Happy Saturday!
Today I wanted to talk about the new Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation which I bought a couple of weeks ago for my end of year prom.
The shade I have is their lightest shade - 'Porcelain', which is an almost perfect match for my fair skintone.

Bobbi Brown say that this foundation provides 12-hour wear with 'flexible, breathable coverage' that looks and feels like skin. They also say that the foundation will not crease, cake or settle, and it will 'control oil and shine for a natural matte finish'. Lastly, they also say that this foundation is 'sweat and humidity-resistant'.
For me, with combination skin, this is exactly what I want in a foundation, and as I love their BB cream, I was excited to put this foundation to the test.

After buffing in the foundation using my Real Techniques Buffing brush, it immediately creates a sort of flawless base. It doesn't cover all of my blemishes, but I sort of like that in a foundation, and despite the medium coverage, it still looks quite natural and feels reasonably light on the skin.
Although Bobbi Brown claim this foundation has a matte finish, I personally find it to have a more satin finish, as without powdering it can look slightly dewy in certain areas. 
The foundation itself is oil-free, which I always like in a foundation, and the texture is very creamy and easy to apply. The coverage can also be easily built up in areas where you want more coverage.
I also find this to last well on my skin, and because of the handy packaging which also comes with a sponge, if need be it is really easy to touch up.

The only gripe I have with this foundation is that on my skin, I find it to feel like it just sits on my skin and doesn't actually work into it. Now this may be because of the way I am applying it, but I do still find it to take a while to completely settle and feel light on the skin.

However, all in all I do think this is a great compact foundation.
The packaging makes it super easy to travel with, as it contains a sponge and mirror on the inside. 
The coverage can be built up to full, or if you want a more natural look, you can easily apply a small amount to areas where you may want a bit of coverage, and then just blend it out.
The finish I would say is a sort of demi-matte to satin finish, but despite this I find it to control my oil on my t-zone quite well.
This foundation is definitely up there with some of my favourite foundations, and I would recommend it to anyone as a sort of all-round foundation.

Have you tried the new Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation?
If so, please leave a comment down below telling me what you think of it!

  I really hope you enjoyed this review, and please leave me a comment down below as I love to hear what you think, or if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading,

4 comments:

  1. I've still not tried anything from Bobbi Brown but you are making me want to go and pick up a few things!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) I find for me they work really well with my skin and to be of a really high quality :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow this is very intriguing! I will have to try it out! Do you find that it clings to dry spots? Ahh I just love the Bobbi Brown Packaging!
    ps. we have the same name lol!

    xoxo,
    claire from the-lipglossary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good, and no I find it really good for smoothing out the skin without clinging to any dry patches :) xx

      Delete