Saturday, 6 July 2013

Prom 2013 | Makeup, Hair and Outfit!

Hello everyone,
Happy Saturday!
On Thursday it was my year 11 prom. It was a very exciting day and all-in-all me and my friends had such a good time.
Today I am going to be showing you my prom makeup, hair and dress, so I hope you enjoy.

I was planning on taking close up shots of my makeup, but on the day the time seemed to fly by and in the end me and friends I went with were in such a rush, and so unfortunately I completely forgot to take the close up pictures. However, a few days beforehand I had practiced the eye makeup exactly how I was going to have it on the night, and so I will share those with you instead.

So this is how I did my eyes in the practice. 
I did a wash of a champagne shade all over my lid using the Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in 'Champagne Quartz 2'. Then to deepen up the crease I used my Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in 'Velvet Plum 3'. 
These eyeshadows are very shimmery so perfect for an event or night out. They also lasted the whole night and didn't crease. 
I then did liner with a slight wing using the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in 'Violet Ink 4', which helped the makeup tie-in with my purple dress.
For mascara on the night I used the Benefit They're Real Mascara.
On the night, and so not shown in the two pictures above but shown in the first and last picture, I primed my skin using the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and then for foundation used the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation in 'Porcelain', buffed in using a Real Techniques Buffing brush. 
For concealer I used the Bobbi Brown Corrector in 'Extra Light Bisque' to correct my dark circles, and then the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in 'Fair 1' over the top of the corrector to further brighten my under eye area.
I powdered my skin using the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in '001 Transparent', and added colour to my cheeks using my NARS Blush in 'Deep Throat'.
For my lips I used MAC's lipstick in 'Creme Cup', and over the top of that I used my Korres Lip Balm in 'Pomegranate', to slightly deepen the colour of the lips.

I did my hair by curling it with the Jose Eber 19mm Curling Iron, and then using my fingers to comb it out so the curls were slightly looser. I then clipped in to the side using a diamonte clip from Monsoon.
This was my dress. It is a one shoulder long dress that is royal purple in colour, and with silver diamonte detailing around the waist and on the shoulder. The diamonte part on the waist ties at the back.
My bag was from Monsoon and because I am tall I just wore some silver ballet flats from Nine West.
The only jewellery I wore were silver, dangly earrings from Monsoon.

The prom was a lovely evening, and a really nice chance to try and dress up. 
I had such a fun time and would love to hear about your prom if you've recently had one.

I really hope you enjoyed this post and found it interesting. Please leave me a comment down below as I read and appreciate every single one you guys leave.
Thank you very much for reading,

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You looked stunning! I love your skin tone and hair color! New follower- can't wait to catch up on all of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look amazing!
    Thanks for staring how you achieved the look.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And you're welcome :) xx

      Delete
  3. You look flawless, totally stunning! Love how you've shared the look and how you achieved it too! Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much! And I am glad you liked seeing how I got the look :) xx

      Delete
  4. you look gorgeous! the colour of the dress is beautiful!x

    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete